QuickBooks file doctor is one of the best tools offered by Intuit. The tool helps in repairing the issues within the company file through its scanning feature. Users can relieve the stress caused by different QuickBooks errors. But, at times the tool itself gets corrupted and thus brings several nuisances into the system. Well, the guide not only makes you aware of the doctor tool but also about what to do when the software itself gets damaged.
Now, let’s proceed with the post below and learn the definition of QuickBooks file doctor.
QuickBooks File Doctor: What is the Tool?
The tool is used wisely to fix the issues related to the network. With this tool, you can easily detect and diagnose corruption within the software. The tool consists of an easy-to-use interface that helps in resolving every kind of common problems like company files and QuickBooks network issues.
The tool is designed through the combination of a company file data damage repairing tool and a network diagnostic tool. Many users consider the use of QB file doctor as a primary solution taking guidance from Technical support. You can troubleshoot as many errors as possible like QuickBooks error H202, QuickBooks error 1327, and QuickBooks error 6123. Now, let’s move ahead and learn what QuickBooks file repair is.
What Do You Mean by QuickBooks File Doctor Repair
QuickBooks file doctor repair is the process of eradicating the causes that corrupt the file doctor tool. You can have the error File Doctor not working on your computer screen that states “We’re sorry you can’t open your company file. Please locate and upload your company file – We’ll try to fix the problem.”
This is not the only error message but you can receive many more like:
- QuickBooks file doctor not responding
- QB file doctor .net framework.
- and it’s network connectivity grayed out
- QuickBooks file doctor stitch on checking connectivity
- QuickBooks file doctor hangs
- QBFD.msi error in QuickBooks
If you are receiving any of these errors then make sure to get into the next section and learn about different factors that make the error appear on your device.
Reasons Behind The QuickBooks File Doctor Errors
Here are provided some of the most common hindrances within your system that make the QuickBooks file doctor errors appear.
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks.
- The unsuccessful task of restoring files.
- Inappropriately tries to access the company file.
- A corrupted and damaged company file leads to the QuickBooks file doctor not working.
- The database file (QBW) is damaged.
All of these factors and causes can lead to QB file doctor errors into the system. You can head towards the next section and learn about their solutions.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks File Doctor Stops Working
Several solutions can help you to tackle the errors related to the QuickBooks file doctor. You can move below and resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Restore the Backup of the Corrupted Files
You can try out the first solution to restore the backup of the corrupted files with the steps below:
- Initially, access the QuickBooks software.
- Move towards the File menu.
- Don’t forget to select Open or Restore the Company.
- Now, the user is supposed to tap Next.
- Make sure that you select the Local Backup.
- Once done, move towards the Next button.
- Consequently, navigate towards the drop-down of the Look in section.
- Move towards the place where you store the backup file.
- Go through all the files to find out the one with the .QBB extension.
- After that, launch the same.
- Hit the Next tab now.
- Again, check out the Save-in drop-down menu.
- Thereafter, find out the place that you want to restore the file.
- The file will be saved as .*QBW.
- Now, another tool named Auto Data Recovery will start the scanning and examining procedure.
- After ensuring that the file has no errors, the ADR folder on its own will save a copy as a backup.
- ADR keeps on going like this.
Solution 2: Manually Open QuickBooks File Doctor
This is the second and last solution that we will try to fix issues with the download QuickBooks file doctor. You can get the assistance of the steps below. So, make sure to conduct the procedure.
- To initiate, Open the file doctor tool.
- After that, try to access the No company open window.
- Once done, move towards the Files menu
- Select Utilities from there.
- Thereafter, choose the Repair File and Network Problems.
- Now, a new window will prompt up.
- Make sure that you choose OK from there.
- The tool will be started with all the rights and credentials.
- Hit the Yes button now.
- Make sure to access the QB file doctor by hitting the wrench icon.
- Hit Continue.
- Provide the essential credentials and log in to the company file.
- The file doctor will initiate the procedure of repairing the file.
- After that, hit the tab named Advanced Settings and choose File Diagnosis Only.
- Hit Next.
- In the end, just access the company file and see if the error is fixed or not.
We hope that the guide above has resolved the issues within the QB file doctor and it’s running smoothly. If there comes any other kind of error and bugs then make sure to inform us through the comment section.