Netgear WiFi range extenders are the stupendous WiFi devices that have stunned people across the globe. But, being technical devices, they are also receptive to various issues that can affect their efficiency. The ultimate hack to get rid of all those issues is the factory default reset of the extender. But, some users find the reset process difficult. If you are also one of them, then fret not. Here, we will provide you with a guide to perform a factory default reset of your Netgear wireless range extender.
But, before we hop up to the steps to reset your range extender, remember that doing so will wipe out all the personalized settings (SSID, password, security settings). So, first of all, we suggest you take the backup of your extender’s settings. Just in case, you are unaware of the steps to back up Netgear extender’s settings, have a glance at them:
How to Back Up Netgear Extender’s Settings?
- Plug your Netgear wireless range extender into a working wall outlet and press the Power button.
- Make a stable Ethernet connection between your Netgear extender and the router.
- Once your WiFi devices are connected properly, launch a web browser on your PC. Make sure that the web browser is not outdated and is free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Go to the address bar and type mywifiext into it.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear extender login page will be displayed.
- Enter the default username and password of your Netgear range extender into their respective fields. Ensure that the login details entered by you are correct. Because they are case-sensitive and a typo can prevent you from taking backup of the extender’s settings.
Note: Consider using the changed login details of your Netgear range extender if you’ve ever changed them in the past.
- As soon as the Netgear Genie setup wizard appears, click the Settings menu.
- Select Other.
- The Other Settings page will be displayed.
- Now, click the Backup button and save the backup file of your extender’s current settings at a convenient location on your PC.
Caution: Once you click the Backup button, do not try to close the web browser or switch off your Netgear extender. Otherwise, you won’t be able to take the backup of your extender’s settings.
After saving the backup file of the Netgear extender’s settings, your device is ready for factory default reset. Go through the instructions given below to reset your Netgear wireless range extender.
How to Reset Netgear WiFi Extender?
- To restore your Netgear extender to factory default settings, find the Reset button first.
- Now, grab a paper clip or any other sharp object.
- Use it to press the Reset button on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Your WiFi device will get restored to factory default settings.
Once your extender resets, configure it by accessing the mywifiext setup wizard. Thereafter, you need to restore it to its previous settings.
How to Restore Netgear Extender’s Settings?
- On the Netgear Genie setup wizard, go to the Other Settings page the same way you did while taking a backup of the extender’s settings.
- Click Restore.
- Select the Browse option.
- Look for the extender’s settings file that you’ve saved on your PC.
- Select the file and click the Restore button.
- Proceed further by confirming the selection.
- The backup file will be uploaded and your Netgear extender will be restored to its previous settings.
Let your extender reboot and connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the Netgear_ext in order to regain access to the super-fast internet on them.
Here, we wind up the guide to reset your Netgear wireless range extender. Hopefully, you’ll be able to restore your WiFi settings to factory default settings in a hassle-free manner with the help of this article.